Laura started blogging about 2 and half years ago about a month after Miss C was born. She stumbled upon an old friend from school who wrote a blog and thought that is a really good idea. Her family live all over the place and don’t see the kids often so having an online diary gave her the opportunity to share their news, development stages, milestones etc with them and it went from there. Laura blogs most nights, but does have a break cause she thinks she’d get bored otherwise.
Laura’s Top Blogging Tips
1. Do it because you enjoy it
2. Do it when you want to not when you feel you have to
3. Don’t worry about stats etc but engage with other bloggers by commenting if you want to build a readership
4. Make your blog fun with pictures and videos 5. Be honest!!
5. Be honest!!
6. In terms of reviews, try posting your own reviews of stuff you have at home, toys, books..whatever takes your fancy and hopefully off the back of that you’ll be approached to do reviews
7. Build relationships with companies/PRs – follow up when you receive something, let them know when the review is live, let them know they can contact you should anything else become available
8. Take part in blog-hops, join Britmums, twitter, blogger.ed…Playfest of course, that gets your blog out there and noticed
9. Be yourself always!
10. Enjoy it! Your blog will be there to share with your kids, grandkids etc etc which is what I love the most about blogging and cause I have a rubbish memory!